[CWB] CQPweb v3.2.1

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 16:45:55 CEST 2015

Hi all,

CQPweb 3.2.1 is the new stable version and is available as a tarball on Sourceforge :

http://cwb.sourceforge.net/download.php#gui

As well as through SVN as usual.

I have also taken the opportunity to update CQPwebInABox. The new VM image is on SourceForge (or at least, will be in about 5 minutes when the upload finishes) and linked from the website.

I’ve given the CQPweb homepage a thorough update – including most usefully a proper explanation and intro guide to CQPwebInABox.

http://cwb.sourceforge.net/cqpweb.php#inabox

The most useful new documentation feature is comprehensive instructions for making the VirtualBox-generated VM image compatible with VMware, which is marginally fiddly, but possible. My thanks to Martin Wynne and Will Yeomans at Oxford for helping me diagnose the necessary steps to get this working (since I’m not a VMware user myself).

The lancs server will be updated soon.

The plan going forward, now things are not broken any more and we have a new stable version, is to go back to my normal pattern of bumping the 3rd place version number again whenever I think I’ve changed enough to make it worth it; the HEAD of the repo will almost certainly not be broken at any point for the next long while  (except new, half-built features of course) so if you are following the cutting edge you can now safely update your checkout on your preferred schedule; I won’t disturb everyone by announcing new versions on the list.