[CWB] updata-database.php: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function upgrade_()

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Feb 15 19:57:52 CET 2016

Hi Jörg,

Well, if it is *just* an issue of that version-log being missing, you can simply insert it:

   insert into system_info (setting_name, value) VALUES ('db_version',  '3.1.4');

HOWEVER, it's possible that its absence reflects an earlier upgrade not having run properly to completion. In which case, your database might be in a between-versions state, which would be a very difficult thing to solve.

Can I suggest you run the following:

   describe `user_captchas`;
   describe `annotation_template_info`;

If you get a description of a table with 3 columns for the former, and a description of a table with 2 columns for the latter, then you probably have a system safely at v 3.1.4, and you can use the insert statement above.

If not, some database archaeology on your earlier upgrades may be necessary....