[CWB] autosetup MySQL error: No database selected

Thilo Wiertz thilo.wiertz at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 7 18:25:24 CEST 2016

I managed to get CQPweb to work just two days ago on a virtual machine. Now trying again with basically the same config I'm stuck with an error message running autosetup.php:

Now finalising setup for this installation of CQPweb....

Installing database structure; please wait.
A MySQL query did not run successfully!

Original query:

show tables like 'db_%'
	/* from User: ??? | Function: do_append_mysql_comment() | 2016-Jul-07 18:17:44 */

Error # 1046: No database selected

The MySQL server, database, table and user are all set up and running and correctly referenced in the config file. I tried stable and dev branches via svn.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Thilo