[CWB] problems with lemma query and corpus word count

Benedikt Singpiel benedikt.singpiel at uni-leipzig.de
Mon May 9 16:22:45 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I have got two minor problems bugging me, using CQPweb 3.2.11 (maybe
answers to them are right a bit more obviopus to you than to me...):

1. When searching for lemma annotations {example}, I don't get any
results back. Only if I enter {example?} hits for the lemma 'example'
will show. What ist the problem with my lemma column here (something
wrong with the line breaks in my indexed text file)?

my text file schema (regular treetagger format):
Vorwort	NN	Vorwort
Es	PPER	es
ist	VAFIN	sein
Dienstagmorgen	NN	Dienstagmorgen

2. The corpus metadata resume states only 4 'Total words in all corpus
texts' in a corpus of actually something around 1mio tokens. Why could
this corpus word count be so wrong (stated no. of words = no. of texts)?

best

Benedikt Singpiel