[CWB] Can't create metadata

Jiayue Wang arthur0421 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 12:06:17 CET 2016

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot.
I deleted the us_rhodeisland corpus and tried again to install it. The
corpus file looks like this:

If      IN      if
you     PP      you
have    VBP     have
any     DT      any
questions       NNS     question
or      CC      or
suggestions     NNS     suggestion
how     WRB     how
this    DT      this
website NN      website
might   MD      might
be      VB      be
improved        VBN     improve
,       ,       ,
please  VB      please
feel    VB      feel
free    JJ      free
to      TO      to
contact VB      contact
us      PP      us
.       SENT    .

The corpus contains only this file (44.0 MB). For P-attribute I selected
the POS and lemma (TreeTagger format) option. Then I clicked Install, 31
files were created in the index/us_rhodeisland folder, but the process
goes on endlessly. I interrupted this process and tried again but the
same happened. I'm wondering how long time does this approximately take
on my laptop, which has 8 GB of ram, and a, Intel i5 quadcore CPU?

Best
Jiayue