[CWB] Is it possible set MatchingStrategy in CQPweb?

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Thu Aug 10 14:36:33 CEST 2017

> On 10 Aug 2017, at 12:03, José Manuel Martínez Martínez <chozelinek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've been designing some queries in CQP, and I've realized that CQPweb uses the "standard" matching strategy (in the default standard mode, CQP uses an ``early match'' strategy: optional elements at the start of the query are included, while those at the end are not).
>
> I need the longest behaviour though. Is it possible to set the matching strategy in CQPweb?

Not yet, but as it happens, Andrew and I have recently been thinking about this issue – when the next stable version of CQPweb is released (and you install an up-to-date CQP backend from the SVN repository), you will be able to set the matching strategy with a drop-down menu.

In CQP queries, the syntax will be

	(?longest) [pos="J.+"]+[pos="N.+"]+