[CWB] Collocations can't display after CQPweb upgrade

Jiayue Wang arthur0421 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:40:00 CET 2017

Hi again

I upgraded CQPweb from v3.2.23 to v3.2.26 in two steps:

1. Since my copy of CQPweb was downloaded via subversion checkout to a
local folder, I ran "svn update" from that folder, and copied all the
stuff onto the existing installation;

2. In the bin folder, I ran "php upgrade-database.php", and was told
after just a few seconds that the task succeeded.

When I tried to view the collocations of a query word (with default
settings) the result list was practically empty, though I was told that
my query returned many (in most cases more than 110) matches, so the
"Previous 50 collocates" and "Next 50 collocates" links were not usable
at all. This failure happened to more than one existing corpus.

I tried re-creating word counts and freq lists, but collocations still
couldn't display. Everything was all right before the upgrading.

Did I overlook something? Thanks for any help!

Best

Jiayue