[CWB] [cwb:feature-requests] #32 a slow CQP query...

Stefan Evert schtepf at users.sf.net
Sat Jul 1 15:01:54 CEST 2017

Keep this in mind if we reimplement CQP queries from scratch in CWB-4.0.  The current implementation is far too messy and convoluted to attempt such optimizations.

---

** [feature-requests:#32] a slow CQP query...**

**Status:** open
**Group:** TODO-4.0
**Labels:** CQP
**Created:** Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 AM UTC by Andrew Hardie
**Last Updated:** Sat Jul 23, 2016 03:21 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

The following query seemed to run rather slowly \(on the BNC: someone wanted instances of "done" used for past tense.\)

\[hw\!="be" & hw\!="have"\] \[pos="PNP"\] \[word="done"\]

My guess is that the slowness is because of the gargantuan number of matches for the first element in the string. \(Stefan might correct me on this\!\) Which leads me to wonder, is there any way of optimising this kind of thing and speeding it up? OR does this happen already?

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because cwb at sslmit.unibo.it is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/cwb/feature-requests/