[CWB] Get adjectives frequency list

Jörg Knappen j.knappen at mx.uni-saarland.de
Mon Jul 17 18:18:34 CEST 2017

As a prerequisite, you need a corpus with part-of-speech (pos)
annotation, and you need to know your tagset.

Assuming English language and the Penn Treebank POS tagset, the query
is simply

[pos="J.*"]

in cqp Syntax. I suggest to filter out the unwanted adjectives latter,
but you can supply an ignore list like this

[pos="J.*" & word!="beautiful"]

After the query, go to "frequency breakdown" and get your list.

Note: When the corpus is large, the capacity limits of cqpweb maybe
hit and the frequency breakdown can fail for that reason. Try a
smaller corpus or increase the limits in this case.

--Jörg Knappen