[CWB] Dramatic texts in cqpweb

Graham Ranger graham.ranger at univ-avignon.fr
Sat Nov 25 18:56:56 CET 2017

Hello to all,
Thanks to the list members, a beta version of a corpus of theatrical
texts is now up and running.
I am now exploring query possibilities.
In particular, Andrew suggested searching for, say, word "a" uttered by
speaker "b" with the following type of cqp query:
n:[word="a"] :: n.sp_who="b";
This works nicely.
I'm now wondering whether it is possible to 1) have labels that
associate multiple attributes and 2) have global constraints bearing on
more than one condition.
In other words, I'd like to make queries such as:
n:[word="sort"] & [pos="NOM"] :: n.sp_who="HARPAGON";
to look for all occurrences of the French noun "sort" uttered by the
character Harpagon
or:
n:[word="coeur"] :: n.sp_who="HARPAGON" & div1_type="act" & div1_n="1";
to look for all occurrences of the word "coeur" uttered by the character
Harpagon in Act One.
Is this sort of combination possible, or am I asking too much? Thanks as
ever for your answers.
Best,
Graham.