[CWB] mysql cache errors occurring recently

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 17:46:59 CEST 2018

If all tables are properly tracked, then the oldest should be deleted whenever more space is needed. So the cache will rise to 99/100 % full, then stay at that level of fullness.

(Before a new DB is created, a check is made for the cache being past its limit. The " DATABASE CACHE OVERLOAD " message appears if that process fails for any reason.)

It's difficult for me to work out what the problem might be without actually being able to see your cache control window myself.

One possibility is if your users have lots of categorised queries? These take up space in the DB cache, but cannot be deleted. If this is the problem, the solution is to grow the cache.

You can look at the list of databases in cache for each corpus in the admin tools of that corpus - under "Cached databases" .