[CWB] Problems with TreeTagger Portuguese

Meier-Vieracker, Simon simon.meier at tu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 28 13:51:00 CEST 2018

Thanks, Stefan, for these hints!

Both parameter files portuguese-utf8.par and portuguese2-utf8.par seem to produce good output after standard tokenization with utf8-tokenize.perl. However, both tagsets are rather different (see below). Since I would like to provide the data for interested users in CQPweb, I wonder which tagset is more common and suitable? At the first glance, the second one seems to have a better error rate e.g. with proper nouns...

So if there is s.o. familiar with Portuguese and the standards of Portuguese corpus linguistics, I would be grateful for any advices.

Best, Simon

> Boa	AQ0	bom
> tarde	NCFS	tarde
> .	Fp	.