[CWB] job posting - installing CQPweb for parallel corpora

noam ordan noam.ordan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:32:52 CET 2018

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for this note. Just a follow-up to say how right you are, I did get
very kind emails, mostly from people who said they would be willing to host
our data for pedagogical purposes.

It's worth its while to consider having a consortium that will host data
from all over the world, I know some very good corpora available through
CQPweb and they are very dispersed. This creates many duplicates, like
several installations of the BNC or Brown-family corpora. Also, it could be
a great point of sharing, and ability for students to replicate results.

Best,
Noam