[CWB] Empty XML tags not showing in CQP

Javier Pueyo javier.pueyo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 15:34:56 CEST 2018

Hi there!

Is there any way I can make CQP to show empty XML tags in queries results
(so I can visualize them in CQPWeb)?

I have tags like these:

<inf id="E1"></inf>

(because it seems that cwb-encode doesn't like the shorter form <inf
id="E1"/>)

I have declared it as "-S inf+id" (for cwb-encode, but that might be
incorrect).

When I try:

CORPUS> show +inf +turn;
CORPUS> <turn> [word=".*"];

I get

 0:                           <<turn>okay> ya son las horas ah

where I am expecting to see an empty <inf> tag :

horas ah

Each <turn> tag is followed by an empty <inf> tag (with attribute "id").

Thanks!

Javier