[CWB] Core critical error: invalid corpus handle submitted to database

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 14:16:09 CEST 2018

Hi Maxine, Carolina,

You’ve not provided enough information for me to comment on the first two issues (though clearly yes something is going wrong); off the top of my head I don’t recognise the “notification” you’ve posted so I’d need to know in more detail what you did.

The third error message, “Core critical error: invalid corpus handle submitted to database”, occurs when the corpus name for the corpus that the user is “inside” is looked up in the database and isn’t found.

What this means is that, when you set up the corpus in CQPweb, it didn’t complete setup:  a database entry for the corpus was not created.

You’ll need to redo the setup, I think, before this problem will go away; and I guess you’ll have to solve your first two problems first or else the error may simply recur.