[CWB] ERROR: CQP backend startup failed; the reported CQP version [] could not be parsed

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Sat Sep 8 08:15:20 CEST 2018

> On 7 Sep 2018, at 18:28, Andrés Chandía <andres at chandia.net> wrote:
>
> #   Failed test 'negative repetition count {-1}'
> #   at t/33_cqp_errors.t line 26.
> CWB::CQP: Child process #16539 terminated unexpectedly -- not safe to continue
> # Looks like your test exited with 255 just after 6.
>     (in cleanup)     (in cleanup)  at /home/andres/CWB/Perl-CWB-3.0/blib/lib/CWB/CQP.pm line 366 during global destruction.

You should get a newer CWB version – are you building from a SVN checkout of the 3.4 series?

It's a test I added fairly recently when I fixed a related bug, but I found the issue serious enough so I didn't make the test conditional on a newer CQP version (as e.g. for the crlf tests).

You can also just ignore the error and continue with the installation.