[CWB] cwb Version 3.2.7

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 17:04:46 CEST 2018

Hi Luzia,

Why not just copy across the code from your old machine?

You can get old code by going back in time in the SVN repo... but in this case, you already have the files you need.

The same will work for the CWB executables and the CWB-Perl module if you copy them to the corresponding locations on the new machine.

It's a bit of a fiddly pain but, since you will already have a lot of fiddly work to do anyway moving your existing corpus data / mysql database across, the overall difficulty of the job will not increase much.

That said though... I don't quite understand why upgrading is not a possibility given you must have full access to both machines just to do the move-over? It would be reasonably straightforward, surely, to bring your existing installation up to date before moving the data across to a new install on the new machine? The upgrade process is designed to be applied to running instances and to preserve all data.