[CWB] Metadata format

Graham Ranger -- UAPV graham.ranger at univ-avignon.fr
Fri Mar 22 10:18:52 CET 2019

OK, I've found the answer... Apologies for inundating your mailboxes.
Here it is, for reference, in an old post (21 Oct 2016) by Andrew Hardie:

> - this page will give you a form for each text-metadata field that was installed with the datatype "classification"
> - each of these forms will list all the category handles that exist within the given classification
> - by default, category handles are mapped to a "description" that is the same as the category handle itself
> - BUT you can use the forms here to change the category descriptions to something more user-friendly
> - since category handles are limited to short codes with no spacing or punctuation this is often useful
> - if you do this, then the "descriptions" will show up in a whole lot of different places in the user interface instead of the category handles, including:
> -- restricted query form
> -- concordance header for a restricted query
> -- distribution display
> -- text metadata page.
So basically, the underscores can be removed, and more exotic characters
added, if required, by editing the "Category description" fields in the
"Manage text categories" form.
Best,
Graham.