[Sigwac] WaCwiki

Bill Fletcher fletcher at kwicfinder.com
Wed Oct 31 03:21:51 CET 2007

Hello all,

At the WaC3 workshop in Louvain-la-Neuve I proposed setting up a new
wiki and general upload site for WaC resources on my new site
webascorpus.org.  I did download the software, but got bogged down with
the demands of real life after returning to the daily grind.

Stefan to the rescue!  Not just with a gentle reminder, but also with a
complete "executive summary" of how to set up DokuWiki and what plugins
would be most useful.

http://webascorpus.org/wacwiki/
is now live.  Before going completely public on the corpora list, I'd
appreciate both feedback on what the wiki / site (i.e. the parts not
devoted to my own online corpora and tools) should do, and suggestions
for the organization / hierarchy / features of the wiki / site.

For now, registration and subsequent creation / editing are wide open,
so feel free to create! I trust all of you to do the right thing.
Stefan wisely suggests that I limit this power to administrator-approved
persons when it becomes generally known -- I have had disgusting spam on
another forum which allowed anyone to register and post.

Hoping for a lively discussion (to be immortalized on WaCwiki),
Bill