[Sigwac] Freelance WSD work

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Thu May 29 09:24:55 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I'm looking for a couple of people with expertise in WSD or similar and very
good programming skills to work on two WSD-like projects, on a freelance or
similar basis, over the next few months.  They are projects with large
research components and plenty of potential for the right person to tackle
the task in the way that they think will work best.   Could suit a graduate
student or similar (and could form part of their thesis work) - please pass
on to any likely students of yours.
Both projects are about Linking Dictionary and
Corpus<http://kilgarriff.co.uk/Publications/2005-K-Asialex-linking.doc>
* (Proc. Asialex,* Singapore, June 2005; further refs available at
http://kilgarriff.co.uk/publications.htm) and will integrate with the Sketch
Engine (http://www.sketchengine.co.uk ).  Both projects are about English.

Applications welcome from anywhere with an internet connection. I am
expecting the person would work from wherever they live, with non-virtual
meetings being a luxury that might or might not prove possible.

If interested, please send me a CV and a covering note explaining why you
are interested, what your WSD-or-similar experience is, and your current
situation, by the end of next week (Friday 6 June)

Regards,

Adam Kilgarriff

Adam Kilgarriff http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk
Lexical Computing Ltd http://www.sketchengine.co.uk