[Sigwac] Final CFP, WebAsCorpus-6 at NAACL-HLT, Los Angeles

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Thu Feb 25 11:14:41 CET 2010

*Final Call for Papers*
*6th Web as Corpus Workshop (WAC-6) <http://www.sigwac.org.uk/wiki/WAC6>*
To be held in association with NAACL-HLT <http://naaclhlt2010.isi.edu/> in
Los Angeles, 5th/6th June 2010
Sponsored by ACL SIGWAC <http://sigwac.org.uk/>

*Submissions due March 1st 2010*

*Invited speaker*: Patrick Pantel, ISI, University of Southern California

*Description*
More and more people are using Web data for linguistic and NLP research.
 The workshop, the sixth in an annual series, provides a venue for exploring
how we can use it effectively and what we will find if we do.

We invite submissions which:

   - describe Web corpus collection projects, or modules for one part of the
   process (crawling, filtering, de-duplication, language-id, tokenising,
   indexing, ...)
   - explore characteristics of Web data from a linguistics/NLP perspective
   including registers, domains, frequency distributions, comparisons between
   datasets
   - use crawled Web data for NLP purposes (with emphasis on the data rather
   than the use)

Previous WAC workshops have been in Europe and Africa. The west coast of the
US is the global centre for web development, hosting Google, Microsoft,
Yahoo and a thousand others, so we are looking forward to visiting!

*Dates*

   - Submission by March 1st 2010, to be made through the NAACL system at
   https://www.softconf.com/naaclhlt2010/webascorpus/
   - Notification of acceptance by March 30
   - Camera-ready copy due April 12

Submissions should be formatted using the NAACL 2010 stylefiles, with blind
review and not exceeding 8 pages plus an extra page for references. The
stylefiles are available at http://naaclhlt2010.isi.edu/authors.html.  Each
submission will be reviewed by at least two members of the programme
committee. Accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings.

*Organising committee*
Adam Kilgarriff <adam at lexmasterclass.com> (Lexical Computing Ltd., Workshop
Chair)
Dekang Lin (Google Inc)
Serge Sharoff (University of Leeds, SIGWAC Chair)

*Programme committee*
Organising committee plus:

Silvia Bernardini, U of Bologna, Italy
Oren Etzioni, U Washington, USA
Stefan Evert, U of Osnabrück, Germany
Cédrick Fairon, UCLouvain, Belgium
William H. Fletcher, U.S. Naval Academy, USA
Gregory Grefenstette, Exalead, France
Andras Kornai, Harvard University, USA
Igor Leturia, Elhuyar Fundazioa, Basque Country, Spain
Preslav Nakov, National U of Singapore
Jan Pomikalek, Masaryk U, Brno, Czech Republic
Kevin Scannell, Saint Louis U, USA
Gilles-Maurice de Schryver, U Gent, Belgium
Eros Zanchetta, U of Bologna, Italy

Adam Kilgarriff
http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk
Lexical Computing Ltd                   http://www.sketchengine.co.uk