[CWB] multiple commands with WebCqp::Query

Lars Nygaard lars.nygaard at iln.uio.no
Fri Aug 25 14:50:12 CEST 2006

Stefan Evert wrote:

> A major limitation of the current WebCqp::Query is that it doesn't
> support query result caching with WebCqp::Persistent yet, but that's
> one of the things on the ToDo list ...

Speaking of the ToDo list: I'm sure many people have things they want
fixed or changed in CWB. My main use of CWB is as a backend for a web
application for exploring corpora (a bit like BNCWeb), and for my part,
there are basically just two important things remaining on my whish list
(a lot of it turned out to be possible to do already, I just didn't know
how):

* the "'cut' applies too early" bug. I have to maintain a rather ugly
peice of code to simulate this feature (it's not as simple as it might
sound ...)

* the "get position of matching phrase in aligned region" feature.
People that use parallell corpora spend a lot of time looking for the
"corresponding phrase" in aligned regions. It would be super-neat to be
able to highlight it. I'm considering hacking something together (I
guess I whould have to run a separate search on the aligned corpus, and
then interpolate the position information; but again there are some
problems with that approach.

--Lars