[CWB] Tei header tags in CWB queries

Stefania Spina sspina at unistrapg.it
Sun Oct 15 17:49:00 CEST 2006

Hello,
my name is Stefania Spina, I work at University for Foreigners, Perugia
(Italy); I am currently working at the constitution of two corpora, the
Corpus di Italiano televisivo and a spoken corpus of transcriptions of
italian as a foreign language students (which has not a name yet).
Both corpora have been annotated using Tei P4; for both corpora we are
using CWB as a web interface; you can see here a pre-pre-test version:
Corpus di Italiano televisivo:
http://elearning.unistrapg.it/corpus_cit/dati_cit/frames-cqp.html
italian foreign language spoken corpus:
http://elearning.unistrapg.it/osservatorio/dati_rosi/frames-cqp.html
Both web versions have been created by Silvio Pazzaglia using CWB perl
modules.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I try
anyway: is there a way with CWB to allow queries taking into account the
markup included in the Tei header? Just to give an example, the
Tei-header tag <person> incorporates information about the speakers
(sex, role, age etc.), and it is in some way linked to the tags <u> in
the body of text; in Sara it is possible to make a query "show me all
the instances of xyz spoken by male speakers". Is there a way to do the
same in CWB without adding an attribute "sex" at each occurrence of the
tag <u>?
Thank you very much for your help
Stefania