[CWB] follow-up questions about aligned corpora

Joerg Tiedemann tiedeman at let.rug.nl
Tue Feb 20 13:51:44 CET 2007

I have some further questions about handling aligned regions in CWB:

* how do I get aligned regions for a given corpus position in the source
  language? is that easy to do and fast to retrieve?
* can I restrict queries to get only results for which there are aligned
  regions? I have to deal with partially aligned corpora and I don't want
  to see matches with (no alignment found). Now I do post filtering but
  that isn't very effecient. I just tried to add dummy queries for the
  target languages (".*") and that actually seems to work. But maybe there
  is a better way of doing this?!

Thanks in advance for any response,

Jörg

PS: I repeat my previous query because I don't know if it went through to
the list (my apologies if you've seen it before ....):

Hi cwb-developers/users,

I would like to use WebCqp::Persistent for a web interface with aligned
corpora. I started  looking at the CQPDemo scripts and I would like to
have a similar interface only with additonal columns in the resulting
KWIC lists for aligned corpora. Would that be easy to add? did somebody
work on this already? I just wanted to ask before I start looking further
into the source code.

thanks in advance.

**  Jörg Tiedemann                 tiedeman at let.rug.nl             **
**  Alfa-Informatica               http://www.let.rug.nl/~tiedeman **
**  Rijksuniversiteit Groningen     Harmoniegebouw, room 1311-429  **
**  Oude Kijk in 't Jatstraat 26    phone: +31 (0)50-363 5935      **
**  9712 EK Groningen               fax:   +31 (0)50-363 6855      **