[CWB] web-interface with aligned corpora and WebCqp::Persistent

Serge Sharoff s.sharoff at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 27 13:10:12 CET 2007

some of you might know about my monolingual concordancer:
http://corpus.leeds.ac.uk/internet.html

It can also work with parallel texts:
http://corpus.leeds.ac.uk/paraquery.html

There are positive and negative sides in the two interfaces:
     1. mine can use simplified syntax
     2. it can search for collocates
     3. it calculates MI and LL collocation scores for words in aligned
        sentences (i.e. possible translations)
     4. in its other modes it can also restrict the set of concordance
        lines according to words known to the learner:
        http://corpus.leeds.ac.uk/learning.html
     5. Jörg's interface (I think Lars Nygaard also contributed to it)
        highlights keywords
     6. its output is much nicer, especially for corpora with multiple
        alignments
     7. it works with frequency and distribution lists

The purpose of CSAR, http://csar.sf.net is to establish a common
open-source framework for creating corpus interfaces, thus superseding
the CQP demo interface.  My interface is too dirty to be made available
for distribution via CSAR.  However, I'm willing to donate its source.
Anyone interested in combining existing scripts for a new version ready
to be distributed via sourceforge?

Cheers,
Serge