[CWB] solaris compile

Rayson, Paul rayson at exchange.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 15:01:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

That was it. Sorry - stupid of me not to try gmake - it is mentioned in
the INSTALL file.

It completes as far as setting up the man pages because I haven't got
pod2man, but that isn't a prerequisite. Next problem is the make
install:

juilland-216> gmake install
gmake -C cl install   # not in for loop to make sure we abort on error
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/corpus/paul/cwb/cwb-2.2.b99-RC1/cl'
if [ ! -d /usr/local/lib ]; then
/corpus/paul/cwb/cwb-2.2.b99-RC1/cl/../install.sh -c -m 755  -d
/usr/local/lib ; fi;
/corpus/paul/cwb/cwb-2.2.b99-RC1/cl/../install.sh -c -m 644  libcl.a
/usr/local/lib
cp: cannot create /usr/local/lib/_inst.26740_: Permission denied
gmake[1]: *** [install] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/corpus/paul/cwb/cwb-2.2.b99-RC1/cl'
gmake: *** [install] Error 2

I'm not admin on my local machine but I have specified a PREFIX that I
do have write permission to.

Paul.

Dr. Paul Rayson
Director of UCREL
Computing Department, Infolab21, South Drive, Lancaster University,
Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK.
Web: http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/paul/
Tel: +44 1524 510357 Fax: +44 1524 510492