[CWB] solaris compile

Stefan Evert stefan.evert at uos.de
Tue Oct 9 13:34:00 CEST 2007

Hi Paul!

> Has anyone got a pre-built version of the first release candidate
> for Solaris?

I'm afraid I don't have a pre-built binary lying around, but I tested
the compilation process on a Solaris 2.8 machine before uploading the
release candidate, so it should work _in principle_. :o}

>  I’ve just started by editing the config.mk file and the following
> comes up on the first make clean:
>

> juilland-242> make clean
>
> mksh: Warning: newline is not last character in file ./config/site/
> standard
>
> Current working directory /corpus/paul/cwb/cwb-2.2.b99-RC1
>
> make: Fatal error in reader: ./definitions.mk, line 34: Unexpected
> end of line seen

Possible cause of the problem: you seem to be using the system "make"
utility shipped with Solaris rather than GNU Make.  The current
Makefile architecture is only compatible with GNU make, so you may
have to install and use "gmake".

If you can't get it to work -- I'd be interested to help you solve
any remaining problems, of course -- I can prepare a binary build.
But it'll be a while before I find the time to do this.

Best wishes,