[CWB] Re:CWB installation on 64-bit Ubuntu: that's how it works

Gertrud Faasz gertrud.faasz at up.ac.za
Mon Feb 11 08:46:31 CET 2008

Dear all,
thanks for all your advice and help, especially Dieter who did the
trick. So please let me summarize for future users of
ubuntu on 64-bit:

1. sudo apt-get install autoconf bison flex gcc libc6-dev libncurses5-dev
2. get the cwb package: cwb-2.2.b99-RC1 for linux 64 and
    copy to an appropriate install-dir (I used /usr/bin, do not know if
that is appropriate)
3. unpack the cwb tar xf cwb-2.2...., will create subdir of the same name
4. cd cwb/2.2...., open "config.mk" with editor (again with sudo):
change platform to $(TOP)/config/platform/linux-64
5. sudo make clean
6. sudo make depend
7. sudo make all
8. sudo install