[CWB] Error CWB Interface

Lautenai Jr. lautenai at gmail.com
Thu May 15 21:36:24 CEST 2008

Hi all,

First of all, thanks a lot Andrew Hardie for help me to start on CWB.

Now, after compile the cwb on a Ubuntu 7.10 plataform, I tried to install
the perl interfaces for the cwb, but without success. In the first error,
even in CWB dir, I got this one:

> root at lautenai:~/CWB-Perl-Public/CWB# perl Makefile.PL
> Searching for CWB binaries ...
> CWB binaries are installed in /usr/local/bin
> In-place editing 'lib/CWB.pm' ...
> Writing Makefile for CWB
> root at lautenai:~/CWB-Perl-Public/CWB# make
> Skip blib/lib/CWB/Encoder.pm (unchanged)
> Skip blib/lib/CWB.pm (unchanged)
> cp bin/cwb-regedit blib/script/cwb-regedit
> /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::MY" -e "MY->fixin(shift)"
> blib/script/cwb-regedit
> cp bin/cwb-make blib/script/cwb-make
> /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::MY" -e "MY->fixin(shift)" blib/script/cwb-make
> Manifying blib/man3/CWB::Encoder.3pm
> Manifying blib/man3/CWB.3pm
> root at lautenai:~/CWB-Perl-Public/CWB# make test
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
> Running tests for CWB.pm:
>  - use CWB.pm ok
>  - checking CQP and tools
>    + CQP ...           v2.2.b99
>    + encode ...        FAILED
> ERROR: Couldn't get version information with '/usr/local/bin/cwb-encode
> -h'.
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2

Really I do not know how to fix it.
I would like your help me to install a web interface and try to run it.
The point to the corpus is to get an aligned parallel corpus in the web
interface.

Thanks,

Lau