[CWB] New user happy, thanks all

"Frédéric Glorieux (École nationale "Frédéric Glorieux (École nationale
Sat May 16 22:30:40 CEST 2009

Hello,

Achim Stein (IMS, Stuttgart) shows us CWB last week.
We are trying it on the french poet (Mallarmé).

<http://jerome.enc.sorbonne.fr/cqp/>

Thanks to Andrew Hardie who gave us a good start with its PHP code.
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=169997&package_id=266988>

Quoting Serge Heiden on last post :

 > A take the opportunity of this mail to ask if the Unicode feature
 > of CWB has been worked on recently, and if not, if you have
 > any ideas on how we could make things evolve in that domain.

Unicode is also really important for us.

What could be read on that topic :

documentation p. 4
"Unicode text in UTF-8 encoding can be processed with some caveats"

This message seems to give a good list of the caveats ?
<http://liste.sslmit.unibo.it/pipermail/cwb/2007-December/000096.html>

For sorting and counting, we plan to add a column with a normalized
ASCII form. Could this help ?

--
Frédéric Glorieux, ANR Omnia, http://ducange.enc.sorbonne.fr/
École nationale des chartes