***UNCHECKED*** Re: [CWB] CWB port on Windows & Textometrie project

Jean-Philippe Magué Jean-Philippe.Mague at ens-lsh.fr
Tue May 26 12:02:27 CEST 2009

Dear all,

Sorry for the late answer. Actually, I have just realized that my
previous mail has been bounced by the server managing the mailing list
because of the joined binaries. Here are they in an encrypted zip file
(password is foo) with a copy of my previous answer.

Best,

Jean-Philippe Magué

Dear all,

Here are cqp.exe, cqpcl.exe and cqpserver.exe. These are the only
binaries we have
compiled with MinGW so far, as the corpora we work with on windows
have been previously
encoded on linux. If you plan to try to encode corpora directly on
windows, we would be
interested by your experience since this is something we want to do in
the coming months.

The process to compile CWB with MinGW is basically the same than with
any other compiler :
   - edit 'config.mk' :
         - select the mingw platform :
             include $(TOP)/config/platform/mingw
         - you can keep the standard site configuration
             include $(TOP)/config/site/standard
   - check in 'config/platform/mingw' if the name of your compiler is correct :
         - find the line :
             CC = i586-mingw32msvc-gcc
         - here, 'i586-mingw32msvc-gcc' is the name of the mingw
cross-compiler delivered
with ubuntu. If you use a different version of mingw, the name might change
   - run 'make all'

Do not hesitate to ask for more details if you encounter any problem
during the
compilation,

Regards,

Jean-Philippe Magué