[CWB] low-level python interface to CWB?

Yannick Versley yversley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:46:01 CET 2009

Hello,

I've begun writing a Cython-based wrapper around CQP's C API to
complement the subprocess-based wrapper that Joerg Asmussen
sent on the mailing list a while ago -- the issue would be to grab
POS/word/lemmas on the fly when doing linguistic processing,
but also be able to retrieve documents and sentences given
a corpus position (i.e., similar things that CQPweb does with
the Perl interface, but in Python and - probably - Django).

Just in case, did anyone already do something like this (and
would be willing to share)? I'd hate to write the N+1th wrapper
when there actually is some usable alternative.

Best wishes,
Yannick