[CWB] Re: Querying more than one corpus at a time

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Wed Nov 24 19:57:06 CET 2010

> Thank you for your answer. That is the approach I tend to perform. Was just wondering if there was any more efficient way (give the full task to CWB instead of being done by the Perl program).

Nope, there's no way of doing this within CQP.  Query results are stored as a flat table of corpus positions, i.e. offsets into a single encoded corpus.   This representation is very compact and efficient, but you cannot combine query results from different corpora.  (Some other functions -- such as "group" and "sort" -- rely on query results to come from a single corpus, too, so they can operate on lexicon IDs instead of full strings for greater efficiency.)