[CWB] CQi error report system

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 17:33:32 CEST 2010

In cqpserver.c. there is the following pair of lines:

if (!cqp_parse_string(cqp_query))
  cqi_command(CQI_CQP_ERROR_GENERAL); /* should be changed to detailed
error messages */

... Which suggests that this feature is simply not finished yet. But I'm
not sure how you'd modify that to get the right error constant; the
return value of cqp_parse_string() obviously isn't enough information.

CQI_CTRL_LAST_GENERAL_ERROR probably ought to be giving you a better
error message than this, the reason it doesn't (I suspect!) is that the
error-string-setting function cqi_general_error() is not being called at
this point.

I'm reluctant to dive in and change any of this since my understanding
of CQi is somewhat minimal - Stefan knows it much better than I do.

Andrew.