[CWB] cwb-huffcode error

Peter Ljunglöf peter.ljunglof at gu.se
Tue Oct 19 14:55:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a problem with cwb-huffcode. It works fine until I try to compress an attribute which has the same value for all tokens, when I get the following error:

$ cwb-huffcode -v -P text minisuc

COMPRESSING TOKEN STREAM of minisuc.text
Allocated heap with 2 cells for 1 items

Minimal code length: 100
Maximal code length:   0
Compressed code len:          0 bits,          0 (+1) bytes

Problem: No output generated -- no items?
VALIDATING minisuc.text
- reading code descriptor block from /export/res/lb/CWB_corpora/minisuc/text.hcd
/export/res/lb/CWB_corpora/minisuc/text.hcd: No such file or directory
ERROR: reading /export/res/lb/CWB_corpora/minisuc/text.hcd failed. Aborted.

Is there any solution to this?

best,
/Peter

PS. The reason why I have attributes with one single value is that all my corpora have the same attributes, so for some of them I get __UNDEF__ for each token.