[CWB] Non-Latin1 characters in Windows

Serge Heiden slh at ens-lyon.fr
Thu Mar 10 10:43:05 CET 2011

Hi,

Let me add another approach:
- use a full Unicode aware Graphical User Interface wrapper to CQP -
with Unicode input methods and display capabilities,
like the TXM platform
(http://textometrie.ens-lyon.fr/spip.php?article67&lang=en), for example.

Best,
Serge

le 10/03/2011 04:21 Selon Hardie, Andrew:
> To the world in general...
>
> George emailed me off-list to inform me that his problem goes away if
> the font used by cmd.exe is changed to Lucida Console, rather than the
> default which is Fixedsys; this option is available under "Properties"
> if you right-click on the cmd.exe title bar.
>
> So the problem wasn't that the characters *couldn't be entered*, rather
> it was that, once entered, they couldn't display properly in Fixedsys
> (unsurprisingly since it is a very old font).
>
> Other possible approaches to problems arising from cmd.exe include:
>
> - run CQP from Windows Power Shell instead (haven't tried this myself
> but it might help)
> - save your commands inc untypable/unprintable characters into a text
> file and then run CQP in batch mode with -f
> - pipe your commands to CQP from another program, while running it in
> child mode with -c
>
> Andrew.

Dr. Serge Heiden, slh at ens-lyon.fr, http://textometrie.ens-lyon.fr
ENS de Lyon/CNRS - ICAR UMR5191, Institut de Linguistique Française
15, parvis René Descartes 69342 Lyon BP7000 Cedex, tél. +33(0)622003883