[CWB] encoding the entire UKWAC

Aleksandar Trklja AXT899 at bham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 12:27:55 CET 2011

Dear all,

I was wondering if somebody could help me with the following two issues.

I wanted to encode and index the entire UKWAC corpus but cwb-makeall fails to index files because the memory problem arises (with the 'out of memory' message popping out). Does anyone have any suggestions how to tackle this problem?

I made a subcorpus using the function subqueries but I don't manage to search concordance lines. For instance, I made a subcorpus A = 'reason' 'to' and when I search for 'believe' (which is in the corpus) it returns 0 matches. I guess I'm doing here something wrong.

Many thanks for your help.

Best
Alex