[CWB] Character encoding problems when transferring corpus

Josep M. Fontana josepm.fontana at upf.edu
Wed Aug 15 00:55:22 CEST 2012

Thanks Stefan and Andrew,

Sorry for taking so long to answer. We are traveling around and it is
not always easy to get a connection.

OK, I followed Stefan's directions and I have been able to move a step
closer. I still have not managed to run cwb-install-mac-osx because I
keep on getting an error message saying that I need the external Glib2
library. It also tells me that external libraries seem to be provided by
MacPorts.

When I try to install Glib2 via MacPorts, I get stuck in:

--->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.0.1.tar.gz from
http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/expat

Does anybody know any way to install Glib2 without having to resort to
MacPorts? In fact I really want to get rid of MacPorts because it has
always given me too many problems.

JM