[CWB] more on OS X build issues

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Sat Aug 18 09:37:48 CEST 2012

> Well, I'm happy to say that I solved the problem by simply replacing
>
> include $(TOP)/config/platform/darwin-universal
>
> by
>
> include $(TOP)/config/platform/darwin-64
>
> in 'config.mk'.

Glad to hear that!

Installation of CWB 3.4 / 3.5 on Mac OS X shouldn't lead to so much problems, though, so Andrew and I will have to take a look at the install procedure and instructions.

> I'm pretty sure I used the "--universal" flag in my previous attempts, though.

Can you send us the output of

	brew info glib pcre

please? If you really installed a universal build of Glib and PCRE, then there's some compatibility problem with the CWB source code that I'd like to fix.

Best & enjoy CWB 3.4,