[CWB] CWB 4.3.2 installation isues

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Wed Jan 25 15:52:27 CET 2012

On 25 Jan 2012, at 12:58, Hardie, Andrew wrote:

> Stefan may be able to help re the Perl modules....

Shucks! I knew that my recent modification of the Huffman coding scheme would break _something_.

The CWB/Perl tests include a small test of the CWB indexing and compression code by comparing the resulting index files against a set of reference files.  Due to the new Huffman schema, some of the files turn out different, although they are still compatible and represent the same corpus data.

So, in short, you can safely ignore this error message and install the CWB/Perl package.

I've updated the index files in the SVN, so this should no longer throw an error.  However, if somebody tries to install CWB/Perl from SVN with a release version of the CWB (prior to 3.0.1 / 3.4.2) they will encounter a similar problem.