[CWB] Two issues regarding CQPweb revision 316

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun May 20 10:32:36 CEST 2012

Hi Ray,

Issues 1-I to 1-III sound like permissions problems i.e. httpd can’t write to the access directory (this is the first step in user creation, so if it fails, the rest won’t work) or alternatively, can’t write to the permissions file because they were created as belonging to another user.  Can you check this? Alternatively, it could be an AppArmor etc. issue as well as a Unix permissions issue. Or (thinking of yet another reason) it could be that CQPweb is unable to invoke the htpasswd binary properly, e.g. if it has the wrong path or is unable to call it.

Issue 2 sounds like a setup issue. Look in the “admin tools – Manage metadata” page. You will see, in the lower half of the screen, four buttons. You need to press all four, in order, after inserting the metadata table for setup to be complete. The first of these buttons is the one that fills in the fields you mention.

Issue 3. Mea maxima culpa - I forgot to bump the version number before committing.  Next commit will include beginning work on 3.0.7 and will raise the  number.