[CWB] cwb-huffcode issues warning during cwb-encode

Martí Quixal marti.quixal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:13:30 CET 2012

Hi,

I am compiling a corpus with the following bash file:

echo "Deleting older version of CWB-formatted files in data directory"
echo ""
rm /WebCorpora/data/fall/*

echo "Encoding corpus with CWB tools"
echo ""

cwb-encode -d /WebCorpora/data/fall/ -R /WebCorpora/registry/fall -f
/WebCorpora/upload/spintxFall4web.cpr -xsB -P lemma -P pos -P punct -P
start -P end -P tense -P mood -P numb -P pers -P gend -V text:0+id -V
speaker:0+type -V lang:0+code

cwb-make -M 256 -r /WebCorpora/registry/ FALL
echo "DONE!"
date

And I get the following message:

WARNING (SHELL CMD '/usr/local/bin/cwb-huffcode -r '/WebCorpora/registry/'
-T -P tense FALL'):
-> Warning on stderr:
-> Problem: No output generated -- no items?
CWB::Indexer: Creation of component tense/CIS
(/WebCorpora/data/fall/tense.huf) failed (aborted).
 at /opt/local/bin/cwb-make line 76

However, it seems that the corpus has been encoded. A couple of basic
queries I did did work. Should I be worried or warned about future
problems? Or I can just ignore this message?

Best regards,
Marti