[CWB] Test corpus indexing

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Oct 20 01:45:54 CEST 2012

Yes, that's the correct update method. Now I can see the error.

It's this bit (error lines reordered for clarity):

COMPRESSING TOKEN STREAM of PRUEBA6.pos
Problem: No output generated -- no items?
VALIDATING PRUEBA6.pos
/B_NFS_P/diposit/corpora/cwb/data/prueba6/pos.hcd: No such file or directory
ERROR: reading /B_NFS_P/diposit/corpora/cwb/data/prueba6/pos.hcd failed. Aborted.
 - reading code descriptor block from /B_NFS_P/diposit/corpora/cwb/data/prueba6/pos.hcd

Apparently, there is no data in the encoded attribute "pos", so attempting to compress it fails.

The reason is that the pos attribute was not created correctly by cwb-encode. One possible reason for this is that your input file is not properly formatted. Could you send me it (off list) so I can check the format?