[CWB] CQPWeb and s-attributes

Martí Quixal marti.quixal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 23:44:48 CET 2012

Hi all, hi Andrew,

in a previous email where I asked about adding metadata to a corpus using
CQPWeb (when I meant in fact s-attributes) you said this:

 CQPweb's awareness of XML currently leaves rather a lot to be desired as
> XML-element-level-data cannot currently be added in. When I get a
> reasonable chunk of programming time, I intend to address this.

However, playing around I realised that if I encode the corpus externally
and then upload it from the interface using the already command-line
encoded version of the corpus, XML tags converted into s-attributes can in
deed be queried/displayed, even using the attribute-value pairs of the
structure markup xml tags. Is that correct?

Is there any other thing I should be aware of? Like other restrictions that
I might encounter.

For instance, one thing that does not seem to be working is the
visualization options: I have a rule that says

in an occurrence of <speaker>
where *type* matches *int *use italics

but I get something like

CQP sent back these error messages:

**** CQP ERROR ****

CQP Error:

No such attribute: speaker_

If I add a rule for the speaker_type markup then the message is similar but
not exactly the same:

CQP sent back these error messages:

**** CQP ERROR ****

CQP Error:

No such attribute: speaker_type_

CQP Error:

No such attribute: speaker_type_type

In the first case it seems that is not getting that I want it to search for
speaker type="int", in the second case it seems it is duplicating the type
attribute...

Thanks in advance!
Martí

--
Martí Quixal
Computational Linguist & Educational Technologist