[CWB] CQPweb: end of 2013 update

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Dec 26 10:05:54 CET 2013

Hi all,

Two end of year updates:

FIRST. I have committed v 3.0.16 to the repository; copied it over into a branch; and bumped the trunk version to 3.1.0.

I am going to be making serious rewirings of the internals in 3.1.0 to make lots of things work in a more sane and flexible way. Until this is done, updating your server to the version in trunk is not recommended. If your server uses a subversion checkout, then either (a) don't update it till 3.1 settles down or (b) retarget it to the 3.0.16 branch. I will apply bugfixes there if necessary, though I hope not to have to.

Simultaneously, there is an exported tarball in the "files" system on sourceforge which is, again till 3.1 settles down, the recommended version of the code for everyone other than me to use.

SECOND. In an effort to address the demand for help-material, I have recorded a large number of CQPweb video tutorials and posted them to the Corpus Workbench YouTube channel. I'm now done with this for the moment. A playlist with all of them can be found here:  http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2XtJIhhrHNQgf4Dp6sckGZRU4NiUVw1e

Sometime hopefully not too many point releases away the videos will be embedded into the interface.

That is all,