[CWB] problem at managing corpus metadata

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Dec 28 03:40:52 CET 2013

Hi Andres,

What you are doing wrong, it would seem, is re-using the source data file as the input file for the metadata. This is not how it works.

There are two ways to add metadata:

A.    From a tab-delimited table file, with one text per line, and fields in columns.  This is the function you are using, and it is resulting in an error message because you are feeding back in the original vertical file, which is not in the expected format.

B.    From XML in the original data. This is what you want to do, but in order to do it you need to (a) have indexed all the attributes on the text element as s-attributes, (b) use the function labelled "Create metadata table from corpus XML annotations" - accessed via the button low down on the screen labelled "My metadata is embedded in the XML of my corpus!" - instead of the standard function.

Hope that clarifies.