[CWB] API access for CQPWeb

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 00:31:46 CET 2013

Everything needs to be done by qname since everything in CQPweb operates around the notion of the query as the primary object.

So, the API is intended to work as follows: first you call the query function, which returns a qname; then you call the collocation function with that qname as an argument.

Internally, what happens when you request collocations is that CQP's tabulate function spits out a tabulation of nearby words based on the cached query; this tabulation is imported into a MySQL table. Then, the actual statistical calculation is done as an SQL query on that table. Such tables ("databases" as they are called in the code) are also cached and tracked.

Andrew.