[CWB] "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" on various versions

Scott Sadowsky ssadowsky at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 05:18:43 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Stefan Evert <stefanML at collocations.de>wrote:

 Now, could you please try the following queries in CQP on this corpus?

>         [word = "Tai"]
>         [word = "dai"]
>         [word = "tai"]
>         etc.
>
> If some of them crash, but others don't, your index is probably damaged.
> Otherwise, we'll have to dig deeper.

Every one works fine EXCEPT the last one in the list, "jai", which causes
the segmentation fault.

How did you compile and install CWB?

I'm using Linux Mint KDE x64, so for 3.0 I downloaded the tarball and
executed the installation script. For 3.4.7 (which overwrote the old
installation) I installed from the SVN repository by editing the build
properties and then following the instructions (make, etc.). I selected the
"standard" installation option.

Now, when I change corpora the search executes correctly, which might point
to a corrupt index. But I just replaced the problematic index with two
different backup copies, one of them from a machine I haven't touched in a
year, and the problem still occurs. (Just to be clear, by index I'm talking
about the directory with the *.cnt, *.crx, *.huf, etc. files).

Cheers,
Scott