[CWB] cwb-make fails

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 03:54:41 CET 2013

Hi Luigi,

The error " No output generated -- no items?" usually means that the problem arose at an earlier stage - that is, that you declared an attribute,  but cwb-encode couldn't actually add any data for it (because that column doesn't exist in your input). So, you ended up with a zero-length attribute that cwb-huffcode - called behind the scenes by cwb-make - cannot do anything with.

This probably means there is an error in either (a) your input file formats or (b) the commands you gave to cwb-encode