[CWB] CQPWeb Custom GUII

Pavel Vondřička Pavel.Vondricka at ff.cuni.cz
Fri May 10 12:56:37 CEST 2013

> Which Python API do you use to access corpora and communicate with CQP?

I think I mentioned this before: I took the way via R, so it is rcqp and then
rpy2. It sounds probably a bit cumbersome, but actually it seems to work
mostly well and fast and I hope to make some use of the R layer as well.

But I already started extending the functionality of CWP/rcqp. For example it
needed some small modification to make use of the sorting capabilities of CWB
(by the way, can the sorting make use of the locale settings? it does not seem
to...) I also hope to implement things like filters aso. on the C level rather
than in the higher levels...

However, our largest corpus will hit the maximal size limitation of CWB this
year, so I hope this will be fixed anytime soon, since I doubt I would dare to
try fixing this myself. Otherwise we would have to keep on with Manatee only...

Best regards,
Pavel